Our Privacy Statement
We understand that your privacy is really important to you, so that means your privacy is really important to us. Our aim is to be as open and clear as possible about what we do and why we do it when it comes to your private information. We are committed to the privacy of all staff, customers, users and partners and, as such, we shall treat you all in the fairest way.
This site is here to promote our brands, products and services to you. Sometimes, in order to provide the right level of service, we will also need to use partners who may have their own privacy policies that should also be read.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when:
• you visit the website;
• register with and buy products or services from the website;
• take part in promotions and competitions;
• contact us via our customer services team;
• register for a product warranty or guarantee; and
• you apply to join our team via our recruitment methods
Type of Information We Collect
To be able to order from us you will need to supply various contact information, as set out in this policy, so that we can provide an excellent service. This contact information can be altered or removed at any time, should you wish, by contacting us via the details documented in this policy.
We can collect from you:
Name, address and postcode – without this we won't know where or whom to send your order to. We also use this information to identify whether we can deliver to you, at what cost and via which partner route.
Email address – we can send a confirmation of your orders via email, as well as other service related communication and may also respond this way if you have a general enquiry. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications, these may also be sent by email.
Telephone numbers – if there are any problems with your order or anything needs to be checked, we need to be able to contact you as quickly as possible.
Payment card number, expiry date, issue number and name of card holder – a payment card or Paypal account is required in order to process your order. Payment card information will be retained for the duration of the time that you hold an account with us, or for no longer than 12 months from your last order. This is necessary to enable payment, process refunds and help us monitor fraudulent activity on accounts.
Correspondence – if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
IP addresses – when you visit our site, we will automatically receive your IP address; a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
Username and password - if we collect these details, it is so that we can keep your information safe and have it to hand each time you visit us.
Joining our team - you may need to supply us with details including your name, address, date of birth, employment status, educational background and other sensitive personal data (related to your health, race, religion or ethnic origin) through your application and via the recruitment process.
Using your Information
Collecting personal information helps Powerpeeler by Ultimate Products better understand your needs, so that we can provide you with a better service. We use your information to:
Ensure that you receive your orders – without this information we could not get our products and services to you.
Provide customer care and correspondence – as part of our customer care procedures we may follow-up, either by letter, phone or email, customers who have purchased goods or services from us or who have contacted us, posted comments about us on the internet to resolve a complaint, or investigate any concerns.
Undergo market research – from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by letter, phone or email.
Personalise our service and your shopping experience - from time to time, we may personalise your shopping experience utilising new technology; using your past purchases and browsing habits to present special offers and new products and services that we think may be of interest to you. This will really help us to improve our service to you.
Improve our website - to help us improve your experience and continue the design of our website, we may collect information about the way you use and access our website. Our web system collects information about each visitor, including IP address, the length of time spent on the website and the order in which pages are visited. We may employ third-party experts to help us look at this information, however we make sure that anyone we employ treats all information with the same sensitivity and security that we do.
Prevent fraud - in order to protect both us and our customers from fraud and theft, we may need to look at the information that you provide to make identity checks, as well other information in our customer records and order history. This may be passed to other group companies and financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Market - any third parties are carefully selected and may use the information we collect to inform you, by letter, phone or email, about offers, products and services that we think could be of interest to you. We may also tell you about other organisations' products and services.
We will inform you of this when we collect your information and if you do not wish to receive these communications, please let us know. You can change your mind at any time by contacting us at the address below. Of course, the choice is yours, but if you do not want to receive marketing information, this will prevent you from receiving great offers and promotions that may be of interest.
Keeping your Information Secure
We keep your information secure at all times (see below for details as to how) and you should do the same whenever you use our services or websites.
• Payment card security – we use technology including Paypal to make sure that the details you provide when placing an order are kept private and secure, making shopping on our website safe. Once payment information has been received, your payment card is processed through our secure systems by only team members who have suitable access and permission.
• Security in our offices – access to your information is restricted and encrypted in our offices and warehouses. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific role are granted access to personally identifiable information, so that we can provide a service to you. The servers that store this information are kept in a secure environment.
• Security – information security is very important to us and we have taken many steps to ensure that your experience with us is secure and that all of your information is kept safe. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect and secure information that is collected online.
• Regular archiving and deletion – we annually review and audit our procedures to ensure that they remain at the highest standards of security and only those necessary employees have access. As part of this, we will only keep personal information active for legitimate business reasons and usually delete data when it has been inactive for 12 months or longer.
• Password - you should choose a password that is not obvious or known to anyone else and should never give it to a third party, as you will be responsible for all activity and charges incurred through use of your password whether authorised by you or not.
You have a right to access the personal information that is held about you. To obtain a copy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your postal details and the details of your request.
Alternatively you can write to us at the following address:
Powerpeeler by Ultimate Products
Notification of Changes to this Policy
We want to make sure that we're giving you the information that you want about privacy and security – let us know what you think. If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or by post:
Powerpeeler by Ultimate Products
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
The cookies used in this session is an essential part of the functionality of the website. It helps the server identify you among all the users who are on the website. As you browse around, it helps us remember what is in your basket, and what your order number is as you progress through the checkout. It also helps us identify your user account when you are logged in.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
1. to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
2. to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the shopping cart on our website;
3. to improve the website’s usability;
4. to analyse the use of our website;
5. in the administration of this website;
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
• in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector;
• in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un- checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
Cookies are integral to the operation of the Miracle of Aloe checkout system, as with most other e-commerce websites. Disabling them will prevent you from placing an order online.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
• in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835)
• in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
You can find more information about cookies at:
Communications from the Site
When customers provide us with contact information when placing orders or signing up to the newsletter via the Website (user participation is voluntary) we use the information to dispatch orders, make contact for customer service issues related to orders and send newsletters with information about sales, product and other company information.
Please note that Powerpeeler by Ultimate Products is owned by UP Global Sourcing UK Ltd.